Duties of Husband and Wife in Fostering Family - The main factor in realizing a sakinah family is fulfilling the obligations and rights of husband and wife in family life which is carried out by means of mu'asyarah bil ma'ruf. Namely the implementation of a marriage contract between a prospective husband and a prospective wife, a husband-wife relationship is legally established.
This gives rise to legal consequences so that the obligations and rights of each arise, namely the obligations of husband and wife, the rights of husband and wife, the rights of the wife which are the obligations of the husband and the rights of the husband which are the obligations of the wife. The said obligation can be void as long as those who have the right to give it up.
Duties of Husband and Wife in Fostering Family
|Understand the obligations of husband and wife after marriage|
Joint Obligations Between Husband And Wife
Besides the wife and husband having their respective obligations and rights, both of them must also pay attention to important things that are closely related to the joint obligations of husband and wife in domestic life, namely:
- Husbands and wives are obliged to be loyal to each other and hold fast to the purpose of marriage,
- Husband and wife are required to respect, respect, trust and be honest with each other,
- Husband and wife are required to be polite and respect each other's family,
- Husbands and wives are required to maintain their honor and be honest with themselves and their partners.
- Every dispute must be dealt with makruf and are required to be willing to accept the settlement,
- Husband and wife do not find fault with each other and must be tolerant and forgiving,
Rights with husband and wife
- Married couples are lawful to get along and each can get pleasure from each other by the grace of Allah,
- There is a mahram marriage relationship, namely the wife becomes the mahram of her husband's father, grandfather and so on. Likewise, the husband becomes illegitimate for his wife's mother, grandmother and her stun up,
- There is an inherited relationship between husband and wife. The wife has the right to inherit the inheritance of her husband as well as the husband has the right to inherit the inheritance of his wife.
- Children born from legal marriage bonds, are related to the father and become joint responsibilities (father and mother),
Duties Of Husband To Wife
The husband has the obligation to provide a living and socialize in a ma'ruf manner (mu'asyarah bil-ma 'ruf). The husband's obligation to provide a living for his wife as a balance against the reproductive function of women. This is an understanding of surah an-Nisa' (4): 34, al-Baqarah (2): 233 and al-Ahqaf (46): 15, as explained as follows:
Your obligation 'asyarah bil-ma 'ruf is the practice of surah an-Nisa' (4): 19. Good and polite association is one of the elements of happiness in the family. Associating well and politely with your wife and being patient with things that you don't like are commands of Allah mentioned in Surah an-Nisa' (4): 19.
"And associate with them properly. Then if you don't like them, (then be patient) because maybe you don't like something, even though Allah has made in it a lot of good." (An Nisa: 19).
Getting along with the wife well can include respect and respect, good treatment and increasing the standard of living in learning religion, morals, and science.
It is the duty of husbands and wives to protect and maintain good names and fulfill the needs of biological nature, there are many hadiths of the Prophet that teach that being affectionate and gentle towards their wives is a sign of the perfection of faith.
One of these hadiths is as follows From Abu Hurairah [it is narrated that] he said: The Messenger of Allah said:
"The most perfect believer in faith is the one with the best character and the best person among you is the one who has the best character towards his wife." [HR at-Tirmidhi].
The husband's obligations towards his wife are carried out in the mu'asyarah bil ma'ruf way as follows:
- Provide a living for the wife and support the wife to contribute to the fulfillment of a living,
- Paying attention to his wife by always maintaining the honor and good name of his wife and family,
- Become a wife's partner in strengthening character or noble character in the family,
- Support the development of potential and self-actualization as servants and caliphs of Allah for charity,
- Creating a democratic and balanced relationship in decision-making within the family,
- Avoiding various forms of violence, both words and actions that cause physical and psychological suffering to the wife.
Duties Of Wife To Husband
To create a harmonious relationship between husband and wife, Islam has given guidance by setting the obligations of the husband towards his wife. Likewise, Islam has stipulated the obligations of the wife towards her husband, only in determining the obligations of the wife the Qur'an does not mention it in detail but mentions it in outline, namely in the letter al-Baqarah (2): 228,
"Those wives have rights that are balanced with their obligations in a rightful way." [Al Baqarah (2): 228]
If it is related to the hadith of the Prophet, "A woman is responsible for the household (her husband)", then these things in the husband's obligations are also the wife's obligations. This is because husband and wife are like clothes that cover and complement each other.
"They are clothes for you, and you are clothes for them." [Al-Baqarah (2): 187]
In general, interpreting the wife's obligations to her husband include :
- Obeying husbands in matters related to truth and goodness,
- Respect your husband and be kind and polite to your husband,
- Regulate and maintain a living and property given by the husband,
- Remind husbands and dialogue in a naive way for negligence in fulfilling obligations, truth, and virtue.
- Provide support and encouragement to husbands in realizing good morals to God, family and social relations in the environment.
Hopefully by understanding the obligations of husband and wife in fostering a family, it will make us the main servants before Allah.
Contributor : Jakfar Sadiq